ECE Machines for EEC 116
If you experience problems starting the tools in our environment, email
me (Bevan Baas) and not ECE support since the tool installations are on my
group's server, or are managed by the course TA and me.
Logging in to a suitable machine
Logging in to a remote machine securely is done through "ssh". Since the
waveform viewer requires the display of its X window, X forwarding must
be handled correctly. Within the ECE department,
should work. However, when logging in from a remote machine with
a different configuration, a different command line may be required.
The key is to enable trusted X11 forwarding. For example, when logging
in via OpenSSH (ver. 3.8 and later), use
ssh -Y machinename
to enable trusted X11 forwarding. The default is untrusted with a "-X"
flag, which will cause simvision to fail to forward the display.
Machines for magic CAD tool
Machines for irsim CAD tool (hopefully won't need
a separate section)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Linux 2.6.18-128.1.6.el5 x86_64 (from uname -spr)
- Machine names
- intel01.ece.ucdavis.edu, intel02.ece.ucdavis.edu, ..., intelXX.ece.ucdavis.edu
ECE Linux machines not working for me now
- ncverilog: 06.20-s008 (Feb. 2009)
- DC Z-2007.03-SP5-1 (Feb. 2009)
- Linux 2.4.21-57.ELsmp i686 (from uname -spr)
- snapper.ece.ucdavis.edu (doesn't mount pizza CAD tool partitions
- ugrad-linux.ece.ucdavis.edu ("ssh: connect to host ugrad-linux port 22: No route to host")
- herring.ece.ucdavis.edu ("error while loading shared libraries...")
- gradta3.ece.ucdavis.edu (hangs)
- gradta4.ece.ucdavis.edu ("error while loading shared libraries...")
- albacore.ece.ucdavis.edu ("error while loading shared libraries...")
2009/04/23 Updated the list of working ECE computers