ECE Machines for EEC 116
If you experience problems starting the tools in our environment, email
the instructor or TAs and not ECE support since the tool installations
are on the VCL group's server and are managed by the course TAs and me.
Logging in to a suitable machine
Logging in to a remote machine securely is done through "ssh". Since the
waveform viewer requires the display of its X window, X forwarding must
be handled correctly. Within the ECE department,
should work. However, when logging in from a remote machine with
a different configuration, a different command line may be required.
The key is to enable trusted X11 forwarding. For example, when logging
in via OpenSSH (ver. 3.8 and later), use
ssh -Y machinename
to enable trusted X11 forwarding. The default is untrusted with a "-X"
flag, which will cause simvision to fail to forward the display.
Machines for magic and irsim CAD tools
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Linux 2.6.32-431.29.2.el6.x86_64 x86_64 (from "uname -spr"
- Machine names
ECE Linux machines not working for me now
- ugrad-linux.ece.ucdavis.edu ("ssh: connect to host ugrad-linux port 22: No route to host")
- herring.ece.ucdavis.edu ("error while loading shared libraries...")
- gradta3.ece.ucdavis.edu (hangs)
- gradta4.ece.ucdavis.edu ("error while loading shared libraries...")
- albacore.ece.ucdavis.edu ("error while loading shared libraries...")
2014/10/13 Removed retired intel* and six fish machines
2009/04/23 Updated the list of working ECE computers