(Ubuntu and RHEL5 tested)
This document walks the user through mounting a remote directory (i.e. your home directory on the ece servers) to their linux desktop through ssh (sftp). The process is pretty simple.
- Click “places” on the top menu bar
- Click “connect to a server”
- Change the first setting to SSH
- Enter the name of the server location (i.e. intelx.ece.ucdavis.edu)
- Change the port to 22
- Choose which folder you would like to mount (i.e. /home/jdoe )
- Enter your username.
- You can get to your remote location either by clicking “Places” on the top menu bar, and then finding your connection in the list, or simply click the icon with the name of your connection on your desktop.
This document was written by Keith MacMillan on behalf of the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of California, Davis on July 13, 2009