UC Davis Licensed Software
Many commonly used software applications are available for free or at a significant discount through the MyUCDavis Software website. This is the best place to start if you’re looking for something as most applications are available for immediate download.
ECE Departmental Purchases
The ECE Department is a member of the campus MCCA (Microsoft Consolidated Campus Agreement) contract. If you wish to obtain Microsoft application titles for your University owned system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ECE Department has purchased a contract for Adobe Acrobat Professional for all University owned systems. Please contact email@example.com.
Need something today? Software is also available for purchase at the UC Davis Bookstore.
Availability of research software packages for installation on self maintained workstations varies. Below are some commonly requested software packages and their availability at the time this page was last updated.
- Matlab is available to students for free and can be installed on personal systems. The free version is for coursework and personal work. Only core Matlab is included.
- For research, Matlab must be purchased. The cost for 2017-2018 is $145/license. All licenses expire August 1st, 2018 and must be renewed for continued use.
- ECE Instructional computer labs all have Matlab installed for coursework.
- For Research, Licenses are available at the discounted rate of $375 per year.
Note that many research and instructional software packages are available on department maintained workstations. You might also want to check our list of the major instructional/research software packages available on department maintained Linux workstations.
The ECE department is a member of the Microsoft DreamSpark. Through this program, ECE students, faculty, & staff can obtain a license for many Microsoft products for their personal workstation if they meet the program requirements. To access software licenses & downloads you must be enrolled in the system. Applications available include:
- Windows 10*
- Windows Server
- Visual Studio & the MSDN Library
- And many others, but NOT Microsoft Office.
*This system limits each user to one license per product, but all department owned systems are eligible for a Windows OS license.