Computer engineering research addresses the design and implementation of computer-based systems for various applications. Computer engineering research at UC Davis is both theoretical and experimental, tackling a wide range of problems in the design of hardware as well as software systems. Specific areas of research include: VLSI design, DSP processor architecture, embedded systems, scalar and parallel computer architecture, parallel computing, reconfigurable computing, compiler optimization, networking, algorithms, and validation of digital systems.
- Graphics Hardware for General-Purpose Computation (GPGPU)
- LEPS: Laboratory for Embedded and Programmable Systems
- Micropower Circuits and Systems Group
- Robust & Ubiquitous Networking
- VLSI Computation Laboratory