Students with a background other than electrical or computer engineering will meet with the Department Graduate Advisor during their first quarter of residence to determine the required sequence of remedial courses. Students must demonstrate competency by completing the remedial course requirements, obtaining a grade of B or better in six of the courses listed below or their equivalents. The six courses must be selected from at least three of the six areas listed.
Active and Passive Circuits
Signals and Systems
Computer Systems and Software
- ECS36A Introduction to Programming and Problem Solving
- ECS36B Introduction to Software Development and Object-Oriented Programming
- EEC170 Introduction to Computer Architecture
- EEC18 Digital Systems I (formerly EEC 180A)
- EEC180 Digital Systems II (formerly EEC 180B)
None of these courses can be counted toward an ECE graduate degree.