To create a web page, you must perform the following steps:
- Create a directory in your home directory called “Html”. All of the files that your web page must access must go in this directory. You can do this using the following command:
- You must then create your first HTML file and place it in the file “~/Html/index.html”. To do this, you need to learn how to write in the HTML language. W3Schools has great free tutorials for learning HTML.
- You must now make the path to your Html directory world readable. To do this, enter the following series of commands:
chmod a+x ~/. chmod -R a+X ~/Html chmod -R a+r ~/Html
- The address to access your new page is http://www.ece.ucdavis.edu/~USER, where USER is your login name. You should be able to test it now.
- If you add new pages and files to your ~/Html directory, you must make those pages world readable as well. To do this, enter the following commands:
chmod -R a+X ~/Html chmod -R a+r ~/Html
- Personal cgi scripting – We do not support personal cgi scripting.
- Security policies