A Lowpass Circuit Example
The steps listed below demonstrate how to get started using the circuit simulator Hspice and post-processor CosmosScope on the ECE Department machines. An AC analysis is done on a simple RC lowpass filter using Hspice. The results are then viewed using the Hspice post-processor CosmosScope.
- Save the lowpass filter spice input file to a working directory. Use the File -> Save As menu option in Netscape to do this. Now change (cd) to that working directory.
- Enter the command hspice lowpass.cir >! lowpass.out. This will run the lowpass circuit Hspice input file through Hspice and create the files lowpass.out, lowpass.ac0, and other simulation related files.
- Click here to learn how to use CosmosScope for the post-processing of the Hspice files.
Further Sources of information for Hspice and CScope:
- View the Hspice manual page by entering man hspice at the unix command prompt.
- See other ECE department tutorials on Hspice/CScope.