ECE Computer Support FAQ Page


What is my printing quota?
Students enrolled in ECE courses are allowed up to 250 pages per quarter for their ECE coursework.

How do I get more printer quota?
To augment your printing quota for your ECE coursework, purchase a ream of paper. Submit the ream and a receipt to ECE Computer Support. 200 pages will be added to your print quota.  Additionally, ask your peers to transfer their print quota credits to your account at .

If I do not exhaust my print quota for the quarter, does it carry over to the next quarter?

Can I print duplex in the computer labs?
Yes, LJ2107 is a duplex printer.

Wireless Access

Can I add my laptop to the wireless network?
Yes, use the campus wireless network: Eduroam.

Can I add my mobile device to the wireless network?
Yes, use the campus wireless network: Eduroam.

ECE Computing Account

My account doesn’t work in 2110 or 2112 Kemper Hall.
Accounts for our Windows labs are created only for specific courses, e.g. EEC180A/B accounts are created for 2110 Kemper.

My account doesn’t work in 2107 Kemper Hall.
If you are enrolled in an ECE, then an ECE computing account was created for you prior to the start of the academic quarter. Please use your UCD kerberos login credentials.  If you are still unable to login, and you believe that your account is active, please visit the ECE Computer Support office, 2156 Kemper Hall, with your photo ID.


How can I get Microsoft Office?
The low cost option to obtain MS Office as a student is to purchase the application from Software House International.

Can I borrow your stapler?
An electric stapler is provided for your use in 2107 Kemper Hall

Firefox says I already have an open session. Can you help?
You will need to delete two files. The two commands are below:

  • cd ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default
  • rm -rf .parentlock lock

Comments are closed.