Welcome to comp.lsi.cad / comp.lsi: this is the biweekly posting of
frequently asked questions with answers. Before you post a question
such as "Where can I ftp spice from?", please make sure that the
answer is not already here. If you spot an error, or if there is any
information that you think should be included, please send us a note
This FAQ has recently been put on the Web in a much more readable
format. Though it is still under minor construction, all of the
pieces are there. Try it out at
<URL:http://www.ece.ucdavis.edu/sscrl/clcfaq/faq/faq-toc.html> and let us
know of any problems or suggestions by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The products and packages described here are intended for research and
educational use. As such, we try to limit our entries to applications which
are available for free or at low cost (< $500). We also wish to limit the
descriptions to at most a page (60 lines) in length.
$Id: comp.lsi.cad.FAQ.ms,v 1.150 1997/01/10 00:52:03 altarrib Exp $
- 1 Mosis Users' Group (MUG)
- 2 Improved spice listing from magic.
- 3 Tips and tricks for magic (Version 6.3)
- 4 What can I use to do good plots from magic/CIF?
- 5 What tools are used to layout verification?
- 6 EDIF data exchange format.
- 7 What layout examples are available?
- 8 How can I get my lsi design fabbed and how much will it cost?
- 9 Mosis fabrication services.
- 10 Archive sites for comp.lsi.cad and comp.lsi
- 11 Other newsgroups and information sources that relate to comp.lsi*
- 12 Simulation programs tips/tricks/bugs
- 13 Getting the latest version of the FAQ:
- 14 Converting from/to GDSII/CIF/Magic
- 15 CFI (CAD Framework Initiative Inc.)
- 16 What synthesis systems are there?
- 17 What free tools are there available, and what can they do?
- 18 What Berkeley Tools are available for anonymous ftp?
- 19 What Berkeley Tools are available through ILP?
- 20 Berkeley Spice (Current version 3f4)
- 21 Octtools (Current version 5.1)
- 22 Ptolemy (Current version 0.5):
- 23 Lager (Current version 4.0):
- 24 BLIS (Current version 2.0):
- 25 COSMOS and BDD
- 26 ITEM
- 27 PADS logic/PADS PCB:
- 28 Another PCB Layout Package:
- 29 Magic (Current version 6.5):
- 30 PSpice:
- 31 Esim:
- 32 iSPLICE3, a mixed-mode simulator for MOS/Bipolar circuits
- 33 Watand:
- 34 Caltech VLSI CAD Tools:
- 35 Switcap2 (Current version 1.1):
- 36 Test Software based on Abramovici Text:
- 37 Test Generation and Fault Simulation Software
- 38 Olympus Synthesis System
- 39 OASIS logic synthesis
- 40 T-SpiceTM (was CAzM), a Spice-like table-based analog circuit simulator
- 41 Galaxy CAD, integrated environment for digital design for
- 42 WireC graphical/procedural system for schematic information
- 43 LateX circuit symbols for schematic generation
- 44 Tanner Research Tools (Ledit and LVS)
- 45 SIMIC, a full-featured logic verification simulator.
- 46 LASI CAD System, IC and device layout for IBM compatibles
- 47 EEDRAW, an electrical/electronic diagramming tool for IBM compatibles
- 48 MagiCAD, GaAs Gate Array Design through MOSIS
- 49 XSPICE, extended version of Spice
- 50 MISIM, a model-independent circuit simulation tool
- 51 Nelsis Cad Framework
- 52 APLAC, a general purpose circuit simulation and design tool
- 53 SLS, a switch-level simulator
- 54 OCEAN, a sea-of-gates design system
- 55 ALLIANCE, a CAD package and simulator for teaching digital VLSI design
- 56 ceBox EDIF Viewer and Schematic Generator
- 57 Analog CMOS VLSI Design Educational Resource Kit
- 58 TDX Fault Simulation and Test Generation Software
- 59 Nascent Technologies CDROM - magic and spice releases for Linux
- 60 Time Crafter 1.0, a timing diagram documentation tool
- 61 ACS, a general purpose mixed analog and digital circuit simulator
- 62 LOG/iC, a logic synthesis package for PLDs
- 63 SIMLAB, a circuit simulation environment
- 64 Pcb, an X-based PC board design tool
- 65 SPICE-PAC, A Modular Spice Simulator with Enhancements
- 66 U.C. Berkeley Low-Power Cell Library
- 67 The Substrate Resistance Extractor SUBSPACE
- 68 XRLCAD, A C++ library for manipulating Calma (GDS) and CIF libraries
- 69 SAVANT, an Analyzer of VHDL Applications for Next-Generation Technology
- 70 Protel Demos for Windows
- 71 BPECS PCB Software
- 72 RF, an RF Circuit Simulation Tool
This document was translated by ms2html v1.7 on 16.01.97.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]