- Ph.D. in Dept. of Applied Science, University of California Davis, (expected in 2011)
- B.S. in Engineering Physics, Tsinghua University, Beijing, P.R. China (2006)
- Graduate Research Assistant, 2006-present, University of California Davis
- Graduate student in Dept. of Applied Science, UC Davis
Microwave and millimeter-wave imaging and visualization instruments and techniques. Frequency selective surface, Millimeter Wave antenna and mixer arrays, Quasi-optical imaging optics, RF and microwave circuits
Working on the millimeter wave imaging system (ECEI/MIR) for KSTAR Tokomak, which includes optical system design, antenna/mixer arrays and RF/IF electronics development and experimental testing.
Designed and tested multiple frequency selective surface notch filters with notch frequencies ranged from from 84 GHz to 170 GHz for TEXTOE, DIII-D and KSTAR diagnostics.
- T. Liang, B. Tobias, X. Kong, C. W. Domier, N. C. Luhmann, Jr., W. Lee, G. S. Yun, and H. K. Park, High Performance Optical Coupling for the Dual-Array KSTAR ECEI Diagnostic, Review of Scientific Instruments (submitted)
- T. Liang, C.W. Domier, Z. Shen, and N.C. Luhmann, Jr., Quasi-optical Notch Filters for Plasma Imaging Applications, 33rd International Conference on Infrared, Millimeter, and Terahertz Waves, September 15-19, 2008, Pasadena, CA (with poster)
- T. Liang, Z. Shen, X. Kong, C.W. Domier, H.K. Park, and N.C. Luhmann, Jr., New Advances of the Plasma Visualization System for KSTAR, in proceedings of the 15th Joint Workshop on Electron Cyclotron Emission and Electron Cyclotron Resonance Heating, March 10-13, 2008, Yosemite National Park, CA