- Ph. D. (expected) in Applied Science, University of California at Davis, June 2011
- M.S. in Applied Science, University of California at Davis, June 2010
- Bachelor in Modern Physics, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China June 2006
- Graduate Research Assistant, Plasma diagnostic group at department of Applied Science, Sep 2006 to present
- Research Assistant, Key Lab of Plasma Physics, Department of Modern Physics, 2005-2006
- Applied Science Graduate Group
Antenna receivers and phased antenna array, hybrid RF circuits design, Millimeter Wave Imaging
- Developing a new dual dipole antenna array for high field plasma imaging. Its bandwidth covers from 130 GHz and up to 210 GHz
- Testing and optimize the newly designed RF circuits. The circuits will down convert 2 GHz ~10 GHz signal to 200 MHz for further signal processing.
- Building a 32 channel Electron Cyclotron Emission (ECE) radiometer system for EAST tokamak in China.
- Tobin Munsat, Calvin W. Domier, Xiangyu Kong,Tianran Liang, Neville C.
- Luhmann, Jr., Benjamin J. Tobias, Woochang Lee, Hyeon K. Park, Gunsu Yun, Ivo. G.J. Classen, and Anthony J. H. Donné Electron Cyclotron Emission Imaging in Tokamak Plasmas, Applied Optics (2010)
- B. Tobias, X. Kong, T. Liang, A. Spear, C.W. Domier, I.G.J. Classen, J.E. Boom, M.J. van de Pol, R. Jaspers, A.J.H. Donné, H.K. Park, T. Munsat, and N.C. Luhmann Jr., Advancements in electron cyclotron emission imaging demonstrated by the TEXTOR ECEI diagnostic upgrade, Review of Scientific Instruments 80, 093502 (2009)
- B. Tobias, C.W. Domier, A.J.H. Donné, R. Jaspers, X. Kong, T. Liang, H.K. Park, and N.C. Luhmann, Jr., Dual Array ECE Imaging on the DIII-D Tokamak, in proceedings of the 34th International Conference on Infrared, Millimeter and Terahertz Waves, 21-25 September, 2009, Busan, Republic of South Korea
- C.W. Domier, P. Zhang, X. Kong, B. Tobias, R. Jaspers, M.J. van de Pol, A.J.H. Donné, H.K. Park, and N.C. Luhmann, Jr., Status and Plans for the TEXTOR ECE Imaging System, in proceedings of the 15th Joint Workshop on Electron Cyclotron Emission and Electron Cyclotron Resonance Heating, March 10-13, 2008, Yosemite National Park, CA
- X. Kong, B. Tobias, C.W. Domier, and N.C. Luhmann, Jr., Miniature Elliptical Substrate Lens Array for Millimeter-Wave Imaging, 33rd International Conference on Infrared, Millimeter, and Terahertz Waves, September 15-19, 2008, Pasadena, CA